The historic Washington Melson House is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom vacation cottage that is a short walk from all museums, parks, restaurants, churches and shops in St. Michaels.
The house was built around 1840 by Washington Melson, a sailor, believed to be one of two individuals in Talbot County who voted for Abraham Lincoln in the presidential election of 1860. The house was originally built at only 16 feet wide but enlarged to the current width soon thereafter.
c. 1900 photo of Locust Street
The first floor of the original portion of the Melson House includes a LIVING ROOM and a DINING ROOM. On the first floor of the REAR WING is a KITCHEN area which opens up by French doors to an OUTDOOR PATIO. The kitchen also connects to a large FAMILY ROOM with a queen sleep sofa.
The second floor of the original portion of the Melson house is a LARGE BEDROOM having two twin beds. The second floor of the rear wing contains the MASTER BEDROOM having a queen size bed.